NOTE: There are currently no changes to waste transfer station opening hours due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
Council operates two waste transfer stations. They are located at Goldie Street, Wynyard and Corinna Main Road, Waratah.
The costs of managing these transfer stations and transporting and disposing of the rubbish from these sites is funded by all ratepayers through the waste utility charge.
Wynyard: 10am and 4pm daily*
*except for New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Anzac Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Waratah Waste Transfer Station is not subject to a usage fee.
Through a Rethink Waste initiative, a brochure has been developed to help the community to sort their loads of rubbish before they arrive at the transfer station.
Generally, accepted waste includes:
- Normal domestic and commercial waste
- Recyclable materials – sorted and left at the appropriate collection points
- Green waste
- Refrigerators and other white goods
- Gas bottles
- Paint tins
- Building materials
- Chemical containers
Generally, non-acceptable waste includes:
- Controlled waste – defined as any waste with a hazardous characteristic that has special controls on the method of disposal and may endanger public health or the environment
- Household or farm chemicals
- Dead animals
- Liquid waste including septic sludge
Please do not bring these items to the transfer stations. Instead, we encourage you to contact the waste management officers at the Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment for advice before disposal.