Are you looking to kickstart your career in Parks & Reserves and further your studies by undertaking a Certificate III in Horticulture?
About Waratah-Wynyard Council
Waratah-Wynyard, the heart of Tasmania’s beautiful North West, includes the coastal towns and villages of Wynyard, Somerset, Boat Harbour and Sisters Beach, the rural town of Yolla and the former mining towns of Waratah and Corinna. The municipality is rich in local history and culture, with opportunities to explore secret natural wonders, relax, shop and eat great local produce – you can do it all in Waratah-Wynyard!
The Waratah-Wynyard Council traineeship program offers an amazing opportunity to enjoy the combined benefits of working and learning within a team of experienced employees, and in an environment focused on providing outstanding results to the Community.
The position will contribute to the operations, maintenance and construction associated with Councils public open space and recreational facilities in in accordance with Council’s Contract Service Levels and Project Plans.
About the Position
The position is temporary full-time, working a 9-day fortnight over a 2-year period.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Completion of High School Certificate/School Certificate and a commitment to attaining a Certificate III in Horticulture.
- Demonstrated interest in developing knowledge and skills in horticulture and landscaping.
- Ability to operate in a team environment and supporting the team in a positive manner.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current Drivers Licence (or the ability to obtain).
- Willingness to participate in additional training as required for the role.
If we’ve sparked your interest, and you would like to be a motivated and positive contributor to the team at Council, then apply now by completing the below form providing a detailed response to each of the Selection Criteria and uploading:
- A cover letter, providing a brief introduction and outlining your interest and motivation in applying for the position; and
- A detailed resume outlining any relevant work experience and/or qualifications including two referees.
Information on addressing the selection criteria can be found on our ‘How to apply’ page.
Applications for this position close at 8am on Monday 10 October 2022.
8am, Monday 10 October 2022