Passionate about horticulture? Use your exceptional skills and passion to achieve great community outcomes as part of our Parks and Reserves team.
The Waratah-Wynyard Council is seeking to appoint a skilled and motivated individual to the full time (9-day fortnight) position of Parks & Reserves Employee.
You will provide support with the operations, maintenance and construction of Council’s public open space and recreational facilities – parks, gardens, recreation areas and cemeteries in accordance with Council’s Service Levels.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in operating/handling plant and equipment including tractors, mowers and trucks.
- Demonstrated experience in operating in a team environment, sharing workloads and supporting colleagues in a positive manner.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to take direction, follow instructions and show initiative
- Well-developed time management and daily planning skills.
- Attention to detail and willingness to undertake further training and development as required.
- Experience in achieving outcomes by following instruction, procedures and safe work practices.
- Experience with Smart Phones and online technology and willingness to use as part of your role.
- Medium Rigid truck licence
- Construction Induction White Card (or the willingness to obtain).
- First Aid Certificate (or the willingness to obtain).
It is also desirable for you to have:
- Qualification and/or knowledge in horticulture
- Local area knowledge.
You will also have excellent organisational skills, strong attention to detail and your enthusiasm and commitment to organisational goals and best practice will be highly regarded.
All applications MUST clearly address the specified Selection Criteria, which is included in the online form and position description. A Position Description is available below.
If you would like to be a motivated and positive contributor to the team at Council, then apply now by completing the below form providing a detailed response to each of the Selection Criteria and uploading:
- A cover letter, providing a brief introduction and outlining your interest and motivation in applying for the position; and
- A detailed resume outlining relevant work experience and qualifications.
Salary and conditions are in accordance with Council’s Enterprise Agreement. This will be based on the outcome of the interviews and the skill set of the applicants.
Appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment background checks. These will include reference checks, National Police History record check, and Medical Examination including drug and alcohol testing.
8am, Monday 21st June 2021