FAQ Natural Resource Management and Diversity (NRM)

Important information concerning the interpretations of legislation and other policies is contained on this page. It is recommended that the Disclaimer be read in conjunction with the information provided.

Councils today are increasingly involved in activities concerning the use and management of our air, water, land and biodiversity. They do this in association with other levels of government, various user groups (such as water authorities and farmers), and the individual landholders in their municipal area.


More detailed information on those issues is available from the website links provided.

The Environmental Law Handbook, 2nd Edition, published by the Environmental Defenders Office is also a valuable source of information. It is available from their office at 131 Macquarie St, Hobart Ph: 6223 2770 or email: edotas@edotas.org.au and some major bookstores.


1. What is Natural Resource Management (NRM)?

2. What is regional NRM?

3. Who regulates how I can use or develop my land?

4. Who regulates forestry operations?

5. Who decides if a property can be logged?

6. What vegetation types are significant?

7. How do I find out about the vegetation on my land?

8. Can I clear vegetation on my land?

9. How do I object to someone clearing native vegetation?

10. How do I find out if there are threatened species on my land or in my area?

11. What should I do if there are threatened species on my land?

12. What if I want to develop my land and it has a threatened species on it?

13. There is a lot of roadkill in my area. What can be done about it?

14. What should I do with injured wildlife?

15. What can I do about possums and wallabies eating my crops?

16. Are there community based conservation groups or other environmental groups in my area and what do they do?

17. Is there funding available for conservation activities on private land?

 1. What is Natural Resource Management (NRM)?

Natural Resource Management (NRM) is the management of all activities that use, develop and/or conserve our air, water, land, plants, animals, micro-organisms, and the ecosystems they form.

NRM seeks to achieve a balance between economic and social development, and the need to protect biodiversity and to ensure the ongoing health and integrity of all land, marine and aquatic ecosystems.

NRM requires an integrated approach to the sustainable use and management of natural resources. This necessitates the involvement of all levels of government, ie local, State and Federal, in cooperation with non-government organisations, community groups and the private sector. Local government plays a key role in NRM including the development and implementation of planning schemes, administration of relevant environmental legislation, support for community-based NRM activities and involvement in regional NRM initiatives. (Back to FAQ List)

 2. What is regional NRM?

The Tasmanian Natural Resource Management Act 2002 established the Tasmanian NRM Framework , setting out the roles and functions of the Tasmanian NRM Council and three Regional Committees - South, North and Cradle Coast.

The Tasmanian NRM Councilhas up to 16 members drawn from community, government and industry representatives from around the State. Its role is to advise the Minister for Environment and Planning on NRM issues including:

  • identifying the NRM priorities for Tasmania
  • dealing with NRM issues in a coordinated way
  • whether the regional NRM plans are suitable for accreditation.

The three Regional NRM Committees were established in early 2003. Each has 15 members with expertise in a range of NRM related areas. Their main functions are to:

  • identify regional NRM priorities
  • develop a regional NRM strategy for accreditation
  • facilitate implementation of the strategy, including its monitoring and evaluation
  • seek, manage and allocate funds in accordance with the strategy.

Further information and contact details for the regional NRM co-ordinators can be obtained from the NRM website. (Back to FAQ List)

 3. Who regulates how I can use or develop my land?

Councils regulate the use and development of land in their area through their planning scheme(s). The Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 (LUPAA) requires that a planning scheme must:

  • aim to further the objectives of Tasmania's Resource Management and Planning System (RMPS)
  • be consistent with any State policies, and
  • have regard to the council Strategic Plan.

Most planning schemes consist of a series of maps that show the extent of the planning area and the zoning of the land, and a written document that sets out the standards that apply to any use or development. Generally, the text document sets out the provisions for use, development, protection or conservation of the land according to the zoning.

See Making & Amending Planning Schemes to gain more information about planning schemes, how they are made and how amendments can be made to them.

Planning schemes are developed and maintained by councils. LUPAA requires that a new planning scheme or an amendment to one is made available for public comment before being finalised. This process includes the opportunity for those making comment to appear at a hearing conducted by the Tasmanian Planning Commission.

The Waratah-Wynyard Planning Scheme is currently being reviewed. (Back to FAQ List)

 4. Who regulates forestry operations?

Under the Forest Practices Act 1985, the Forest Practices Board is the authority responsible for administering the Act and for developing policy to regulate and manage forestry operations on both public and private land.

The objective of the State's forest practices system, set out in Schedule 7 of the Act, is to achieve sustainable management of forests with due care for the environment. Forest practices are defined under the Act as:

  • establishment of forests
  • harvesting of timber
  • clearing of trees
  • construction of forest roads
  • operation of forest quarries.

There are a number of key features to the forest practices system , including the Forest Practices Code and Forest Practices Plans.

Forest Practices Code

The Forest Practices Code sets out how forestry operations are to be planned and conducted to ensure reasonable protection of the environment. For further details or to obtain a copy of the Forest Practices Code, please contact the Forest Practices Board or Ph: (03) 6233 7966.

Forest Practices Plans

Under the Forest Practices Act 1985a certified Forest Practices Plan is required before forest practices can be carried out in Tasmania.

The Forest Practices Regulations1997 exempt some small-scale operations from needing a certified Forest Practices Plan. For full details, follow the link given above to information on the Forest Practices Board website.

Operations authorised under a Forest Practices Plan must comply with the plan and the Forest Practices Code. Forest Practices Plans authorise forest practices to be carried out on a particular area of land over a specified time frame.

Before any forestry operation can start, a Forest Practices Plan must be signed by the landowner and certified by a Forest Practices Officer with the delegated authority to certify Forest Practices Plans.

Forest Practices Officers

Forestry Tasmania is a Tasmanian Government Business Enterprise established under the Forestry Act 1920 and is responsible for the 'exclusive management and control of all State Forest' [Section 8(1)].

Forestry Tasmania employs Forest Practices Officers to supervise operations in State   F orests. However, responsibility for compliance with the Forest Practices Code and the site-specific Forest Practices Plan rests with the contractor or person conducting the forestry operations.

Forest Practices Officers also work for private forestry companies on private land. (Back to FAQ List)

 5. Who decides if a property can be logged?

This depends on whether the land is publicly or privately owned.

In State Forests

Generally, public land available for forestry purposes is designated as State Forest under the Forestry Act 1920 and is therefore under the jurisdiction of Forestry Tasmania. Forestry Tasmania harvests more than 100,000 tonnes of timber in a year.

Forestry Tasmania prepares District Forest Management Plans for State Forest within designated districts and in accordance with the Regional Forest Agreement. These plans detail management objectives and prescriptions, and the areas available for timber harvesting in each district.

There is an opportunity for public input when each plan undergoes an annual review. Forestry Tasmania Officers decide which of the areas identified as available for logging in the District Forest Management Plan will be harvested in a given year.

The Forest Practices Act 1985 requires Forestry Tasmania prepare and submit a Three Year Plan to the Forest Practices Board.

A Three Year Plan contains the following information about proposed timber harvesting activities in State Forest during the life of the Plan:

  • location(s) of where harvesting is to occur
  • approximate volume of timber to be harvested
  • transport routes for the harvested timber
  • proposed re-afforestation measures for the areas to be harvested.

Each year, officers from both Forestry Tasmania and the Forest Practices Board consult councils about the information contained in the Three Year Plan.

As defined in the Forest Practices Act 1985, forest practices carried out in State Forest are specifically excluded from the operation of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993 . Therefore, local government planning schemes play no role in defining where timber harvesting may occur in State Forest.

On Public Land other than State Forest

Limited forest practices may occur on public land reserved under the Crown Lands Act 1976 or reserved under the Nature Conservation Act 2002 as either a Conservation Area or a Regional Reserve.

Forest practices occurring within such reserves must comply with the requirements of the reserved area's Management Plan, developed under the relevant legislation, and the provisions of the relevant council planning scheme.

On Private Land

Forestry on private land may be deemed a prohibited, permitted or discretionary use in various zones under a council's planning scheme. Only where forestry is deemed a permitted or discretionary use under the relevant planning scheme can the landowner conduct forestry operations. The landowner then has two alternatives:

  • apply for council approval to conduct forestry operations, or
  • apply to the Forest Practices Board for the declaration of a Private Timber Reserve (PTR) as permitted in the Forest Practices Act 1985.

The creation of a PTR allows a plantation to be established or forest to be grown and harvested for timber. The Three Year Planprocess applicable to public land under the also applies to private land.

Forest practices carried out within a PTR are exempt from the council planning scheme. This means planning approval for forest practices within the declared PTR is not required from the local council. However, a certified Forest Practices Plan is required before any forest practices are carried out.

Councils and near neighbours must be notified of the intention to commence operations under a Forest Practices Plan and consultation will often be required with councils before a Plan is certified.

Private Forests Tasmania is a Tasmanian government authority established under the Private Forests Act 1994 to promote the development of private forestry in Tasmania.

Private Timber Reserves (PTRs)

Private Timber Reserves were created by Parliament to provide a statewide and consistent form of land use zoning for forestry purposes, recognising the long term nature of forestry investments. Private forest owners may apply to have their forest declared as a PTR.

The following entities can object to an application for the declaration of a PTR under the Forest Practices Act 1985:

  • the local council
  • a State authority
  • a person who has a legal interest or investment in either the land, or the timber on the land, to which the application relates
  • a person who is the owner of land that adjoins, or is within 100 metres of, the boundary of the proposed PTR.

If you have objected to a PTR application, or if as a landowner, you have had an application for a PTR refused, you can appeal the decision to the Forest Practices Tribunal .

Further information can be obtained from the Forest Practices Board on Ph: (03) 6233 7966. (Back to FAQ List)

 6. What vegetation types are significant?

Native vegetation communities are considered significant when they:

  • are rare, endangered or vulnerable
  • contain threatened plant or animal species
  • are visually important in the landscape.

These communities may include forest and/or non-forest vegetation types.

Forest Vegetation

Forest vegetation is any vegetation type that exceeds, or has the potential to exceed, 5 metres in height.

A number of forest vegetation communities were identified under the Regional Forest Agreement as rare, vulnerable or endangered. Some vegetation types have been given more than one classification (eg rare and endangered). There is currently a moratorium preventing any clearing of vegetation in these three categories. The terms, 'rare', 'vulnerable' and 'endangered' are explained below in Table 1.

Table 1. Definitions of significant vegetation categories

Conservation status

1.1 Criteria


  • Total range generally less than 10 000 ha, or
  • Total area generally less than 1000 ha, or
  • Patch size generally less than 100 ha.


  • Approaching greater than 70% loss (depletion); or
  • Forest communities where threatening processes have caused loss or significant decline in species that play a major role within the ecosystem or significant alteration to ecosystem processes.


  • Distribution has contracted to less than 10% of original range; or
  • Less than 10% of original area remaining; or
  • 90% of area is in small patches and is subject to threatening processes.

Information in table from the Forest Practices Board (June 2003)

Non-Forest Vegetation

A project run by the Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment (DPIWE) has identified all non-forest vegetation communities that fall into the rare, vulnerable and endangered categories. This is linked to the TASVEG map of all native vegetation in Tasmania, which also includes the Regional Forest Agreement (RFA) map of forest vegetation. The maps and TASVEG information will be stored on a government website for easy access.

For further information on the list of threatened native vegetation communities, phone DPIWE on (03) 6233 3040 or look at the Threatened Native Vegetation List from the DPIWE website. (Back to FAQ List)

 7. How do I find out about the vegetation on my land?

There are a few ways to obtain information about vegetation on your land:

  • use the TASVEG map produced by the Tasmanian Vegetation Mapping Program
  • contact your local council
  • visit Bushcare website
  • consult your Regional NRM Co-ordinator
  • organise a botanical survey.
Tasmanian Vegetation Mapping Program

The Tasmanian Vegetation Mapping Program has created TASVEG, a digital vegetation map covering the whole of Tasmania. Mapping undergoes update and revision as required. Vegetation is mapped at a scale of 1:25 000. The map uses 188 vegetation communities, including 106 forest units as well as non-forest vegetation such as grasslands, moorlands, heath and scrub, wetlands and saltmarshes. Productive landscapes including agricultural land and plantation are also mapped. A manual containing descriptions of all the communities is soon to be released.

The TASVEG map can be accessed by users in a range of formats. It is available on CD or via LIST website . A login and password is required to access the LIST. Users should be familiar with the basic operations of the GIS, such as plotting layers, zooming, scrolling, querying and searching.

For further information on TASVEG, phone the Tasmanian Vegetation Mapping Program on (03) 6233 4501.

Some planning schemes have a Vegetation Overlay or Environmental Management Zone. Vegetation covered by an overlay or zone is considered significant and has a higher level of protection than vegetation outside the overlay or zone.

Vegetation is significant if it has one or more of the following features:

  • high visual impact
  • is part of an endangered vegetation community
  • protects endangered plant and animal species
  • protects the water supply for the area.
Bush c are

The Bushcare website is an easy to follow site with a lot of useful information for assessing and managing the vegetation and wildlife on your property. You can access a number of publications including:

  • 'Guide to Assessing and Monitoring the Health of your Bush' - a series of checklists you can download to carry out assessments of you property
  • 'The Bushcare Toolkit' which contains information on the management and conservation needs of various native vegetation types, threatened species and weed management
  • Fact sheets on managing native and non-native wildlife on your property
  • Fact sheets on managing environmental weeds.
Regional NRM Strategy

Each NRM Region (North, Cradle Coast and South) has prepared a Regional NRM Strategy, which available on the NRM website . Please contact the regional NRM facilitator with any further questions, contact details available on the NRM website.

Botanical survey

Detailed information regarding the vegetation specific to your land can only be obtained by carrying out a botanical survey of the property. DPIWE can provide you with a list of qualified botanists. Phone: (03) 6233 4501. (Back to FAQ List)

 8. Can I clear vegetation on my land?

These issues need consideration before land clearing can proceed:

  • requirement for a Forest Practices Plan (see   Q 4)
  • requirement for planning approval from your local council
  • presence of significant forest or non-forest vegetation   (see   Q 6).

The State Government has commenced working with councils through the Non-Forest Vegetation Program to review and potentially enhance planning schemes to take account of significant non-forest vegetation.

Some councils have already introduced controls in their planning schemes regarding clearing significant native vegetation, including forest and non-forest communities. If there is designated significant native vegetation on your land, you will need to check with council whether you need planning permission to clear it.

Council's Town Planner can be contacted on (03) 6443 8316.

Some councils have a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) operating across part of or the entire municipal area. These TPOs usually require written permission or a Planning Permit from council to remove a tree.

There are no Tree Preservation Orders operating in Waratah-Wynyard, however planning approval is required for natural vegetation removal in the Primary Industry and Environmental Management Zones of the Waratah-Wynyard Planning Scheme 2000. (Back to FAQ List)

 9. How do I object to someone clearing native vegetation?
Forest Vegetation

There is no provision for objecting to forest clearing if it is done in accordance with a certified Forest Practices Plan, as described in Q4.

Non-Forest Vegetation

The opportunity for lodging an objection to clearing native vegetation is limited to the situation where a council has planning controls in place. You can only object when a proposal for a development or use involves the clearing of designated significant plant communities, and the application is considered to be a discretionary use.

Waratah-Wynyard Council does currently specify any such controls as part of any planning scheme.

The State government has commenced working with councils to review planning controls on non-forest vegetation types, which may lead to changes in the future.

The Resource Management and Planning Appeals Tribunal (the Tribunal) is the authority which arbitrates any appeal lodged against council approval for land use or development. The process is described on the Tribunal website , which includes past decisions and forms for lodging planning appeals.

The Tribunal offices are located in Hobart but hearings are held around the state, depending on the location of the land in question. The Tribunal can be contacted on Ph: (03) 6233 6464.

For more detailed information on the process involved in objecting to a discretionary planning application and the planning appeal process, (see Planning - Permits and Appeals).(Back to FAQ List)

 10. How can I find out if there are threatened species on my land or in my area?

To find out about possible threatened species on your property (e.g. for a development application) it is best to get a site survey done by a professional botanist, zoologist or other suitably qualified person.

For further information on threatened species that may occur in your local area refer to questions 11 and 12 below. Alternatively, contact the Threatened Species Unit at Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment on Ph: (03) 6233 6556. (Back to FAQ List)

 11. What should I do if there are threatened species on my land?

The DPIWE web   s ite contains information on:

Contact the Threatened Species Unit at Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment (DPIWE) on Ph: (03) 6233 2863 for advice on what management strategies are required to protect any particular threatened species.

If you take further steps to ensure the survival of threatened species on your land, consider a Land Management Agreement or a conservation covenant.

Land Man agem ent Agreement

Under Section 29 of the Tasmanian Threatened Species Protection Act 1995 you can enter into a formal Land Management Agreement with DPIWE. This integrates conservation of listed species with land management practices.

Land Management Agreements:
  • are between the existing land manager and the State Government, and are not registered on the title.
  • detail the type of management practices required to achieve the ongoing conservation of the flora and fauna in question.

It is often only necessary to modify, rather than significantly change, current management practices. For example, stock may need to be excluded for a short period in late spring and early summer while a species flowers and sets seed in order to allow its regeneration and survival.

Conservation  Covenant

The Nature Conservation Act 2002 also allows the Minister for the Environment to enter into a Conservation Covenant with a landholder where the Minister considers it 'necessary or desirable to do so for conservation purposes' (Section 34). A covenant is binding on existing and subsequent owners and travels with the title.

Question 17 gives more detail on other programs that increase the level of protection for high value conservation areas in private ownership. (Back to FAQ List)

 12. What if I want to develop my land and it has a threatened species on it?

The objectives of the Threatened Species Protection Act 1995 are to ensure the survival of all native flora and fauna in Tasmania and to maintain genetic diversity and evolutionary potential. The Act encourages involvement by private landholders to best manage their land to achieve goals that respect the owner's rights while protecting special natural values.

The Threatened Species Unit (TSU) of the Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment (DPIWE) may issue permits for specified activities to take place on land that contains habitat for threatened species. However, before an application can be lodged for a permit, the landowners, or consultants acting on their behalf, are required to perform a thorough and potentially costly investigation. Permits can only be issued if the TSU is satisfied that the proposal will have negligible harm or mitigation for threatened species.

DPIWE can provide information about conducting a thorough site investigation .

Under Section 51 of the Threatened Species Protection Act 1995, 'taking' any threatened species listed without a permit can incur a penalty of up to 100 penalty units ($10,000) along with daily penalty of 20 penalty units ($2,000).

Local councils are obliged under the Act, to take into account activities that may threaten listed species or critical habitat when considering a development application.

You may also be required under Sections 73 and 74 of the Environmental Management and Pollution Control Act 1994 to do an Enviro   n menta   l Im   p act Assessment (EIA). An EIA details how any threatened species might be affected and what measures would be put in place to minimise the impact.

Commonwealth Legislation

The Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC) lists nationally threatened species and ecological communities. These can sometimes differ from the species listed under state legislation.

Under the EPBC Act any action likely to have significant impact on a matter of 'national environmental significance' triggers Commonwealth assessment and approval. Penalties for breach of the Act are stringent and can be up to $550,000 for an individual and $5.5 million for a company.

More detailed information on the operation of the EPBC Act is included on the Commonwealth Department of Environment website. The website includes information specially targeted at local government . (Back to FAQ List)

 13. There is a lot of road-kill in my area. What can be done about it?

Many native animals feed and hunt at night and are temporarily blinded by headlights. They freeze and are unable to move out of the way of an approaching vehicle. You can help prevent road-kill with these simple steps:

  • Drive more slowly at night, especially on rural roads. This allows you more time to avoid the animal and the animal more time to get out of your way.
  • Don't swerve or break suddenly to avoid an animal as this can be very dangerous.
  • Take note of wildlife warning signs which identify wildlife 'hot spots' and drive more cautiously in those areas.
  • Remove a dead animal well off the road only if it is completely safe to do so. This protects scavenging animals such as Tasmanian devils, quolls and birds of prey from being hit while they are feeding.
  • Only handle dead animals with gloves on. It is also a good idea to check the pouch of a dead marsupial, as there may still be live young in the pouch.

Your local council road crew or their contractor will remove roadkill from local roads. Instances of roadkill can be reported to Waratah-Wynyard Council on (03) 6443 8333 for appropriate clearance.

There is a Statewide Roadkill Collective of state and local government and environmental organisations to develop strategies to reduce roadkill. A joint research project by University of Tasmania and CRC of Sustainable Tourism was completed in 2004, "Reducing the Incidence of Wildlife Roadkill- improving the visitor experience in Tasmania".

For a copy of this report or further information, visit the Tasmanian Environment Centre at 102 Bathurst St, Hobart, Ph: (03) 6234 5566. (Back to FAQ List)

 14. What should I do with injured wildlife?

If you notice an injured native animal:

  • stop, if it is safe to do so
  • take the animal to the nearest Parks and Wildlife service centre or vet
  • don't transport an injured animal unless you are confident that you can secure the animal safely and without causing injury to either the animal or yourself
  • bear in mind that an injured animal will be distressed and may try to bite and attack you.

If you cannot transport the animal, note its exact location and phone the 24 hour contact line on (03) 6233 6556.

WILDCARE Inc is an environmental action group, which in partnership with State government agencies, is involved in a number of programs for volunteers, including a wildlife carer program to look after injured native animals.

If you are interested in being a wildlife carer, please phone the Nature Conservation Branch of the Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment on (03) 6233 6556. (Back to FAQ List)

 15. What can I do about possums and wallabies eating my crops?

The Nature Conservation Branch of the Department of Primary Industries, Water and Environment (DPIWE) controls the management of all native animals in Tasmania and offers a few options for protecting your crops.

  • A Crop Protection Permit allows you to shoot Bennetts and Rufus wallaby (pademelons) and Brushtail possums if they are causing unacceptable crop damage. You can apply on Ph: (03) 6233 6556.
  • If your problem is really severe and other protection methods have failed, you may get a permit to use 1080 poison, subject to an inspection by a DPIWE Officer.

Some landholders also give permission for hunting on their properties to help control possums and wallabies. The options include:

 16. Are there community based conservation groups or other environmental groups in my area and what do they do?

Many councils assist local community groups to carry out conservation activities. Councils may do this by:

  • assisting with tools and expertise
  • annual grant funding
  • assisting with administration of the group.

Landcare Tasmania represents a range of community 'Care' groups in Tasmania. The Association is independent of any government agency or farmer organisation, however works cooperatively with these bodies. Landcare Tasmania aims to work with Landcare groups, community organisations and government agencies to ensure that Tasmania can reverse land degradation and achieve ecologically sustainable management of our land and water resources. (Back to FAQ List)

 17. Is there funding or assistance for conservation activities on private land?

A range of programs and funds assist land managers with conservation activities, including:

  • Private Forest Reserves Program
  • Protected Areas on Private Land Program
  • Non-Forest Vegetation Program
  • Envirofund
  • Tasmanian Landcare Fund
  • Natural Resource Management support.
Private Forest Reserves Program

Currently, the main source of funds for conservation activities on private land is the Private Forest Reserves Program (PFRP) , funded under the Regional Forest Agreement.

The Program aims to establish a system of forest reserves on private land in Tasmania as part of a wider plan to protect examples of all 50 types of forest communities found in Tasmania. The PFRP targets particular forest types that cannot adequately be reserved on public land, as well as forest habitats of threatened species.

Landholders are offered an up-front payment as an incentive to register a perpetual covenant on title. Landowners may also negotiate recurring payments to undertake ongoing work according to a management agreement.

If a landholder enters into a conservation covenant, then under the Land Tax Act 2000 he/she can be eligible for land tax exemptions.

Some councils also offer rate rebates where such a covenant is entered into.

Waratah-Wynyard Council does offer such rebates.

If the landholder is not interested in registering a covenant on their title, and if the forests in question are of the highest conservation significance, then purchase of the forests may be considered.

To find out more, please contact the program .

Protected Areas on Private Land Program (PAPL)

The Protected Areas on Private Land Program is funded by the Commonwealth Natural Heritage Trust (NHT), offering management advice and assistance in developing a voluntary Conservation Covenant on land with high conservation values.

If a landholder enters into a covenant, then under the Land Tax Act 2000 he/she may be eligible for land tax exemptions and council rate rebates where offered. The PAPL website provides contacts and further information.

Non-Forest Vegetation Program

This recently established voluntary program, funded by the Commonwealth Natural Heritage Trust (NHT), allows landowners to:

  • obtain advice on identification and management of non-forest vegetation
  • enter into vegetation management agreements, or
  • enter into conservation covenants, in partnership with the PAPL program.

Financial incentives will be available to assist landowners with a vegetation management agreement and/or conservation covenant.

For more information Ph: 6233 8538.

Tasmanian Landcare Fund

The Tasmanian Landcare Fund will support activities that provide long-term benefit to the community and environment by improving the management of Tasmania's water quality, soil, flora and fauna by efforts from private landholders and community groups through education and raising awareness.

Natural Resource Management support

Various funding programs are available through the Natural Resource Management Support Unit , formerly the Natural Heritage Trust. Funding for Commonwealth programs such as Landcare, Bushcare, Rivercare or Coastcare in Tasmania is being channelled increasingly through the Natural Resource Management Regional committees - in South, North and Cradle Coast areas. (Back to FAQ List)

Waratah Wynyard Council
21 Saunders Street : PO Box 168, Wynyard TAS 7325
Phone (03) 6443 8333 : Fax (03) 6443 8383 : Email: council@warwyn.tas.gov.au
contact us
Decrease font sizeReset font sizeIncrease font size