Council is sponsoring a digital upcycling competition to celebrate the upcoming Waratah-Wynyard ‘Bloom Time’ Tulip Festival 2023. The inaugural Bloom Time Upcycling Competition is free to enter and designed for individuals or teams who have a creative flare, or interest in upcycling.
- Applications open Tuesday, 15 August 2023,
- Applications close midnight Friday, 13 October 2023,
- Judging begins the week of Monday, 16 October 2023,
- Winners notified during National Recycling Week (6-12 November).
Entries can be made up of anything from upcycled clothing or furniture, to things that might normally end up in a recycle bin (i.e., plastics, metals, paper, etc).
It’s now time to start imagining or reimagining a creation made from something old, broken, unused, or recycled.
- First Place – $250 gift card,
- Second Place – $150 gift card,
- Third Place – $100 gift card.
Winners will be notified by phone or email, then announced through Council’s social media pages. Awards can be posted or picked up from the Wynyard Council Chambers at 21 Saunders Street, Wynyard.
Information to provide with the entry includes:
- Name(s) and contact details of the applicant(s) and participating project team members,
- A statement (150 words or less) explaining the advantages of your new object/garment over the old one,
- A list of materials used in the creation of your project (identifying any new parts) and,
- Before and after photos of the project.