Waratah-Wynyard Council is calling for suitably qualified and experienced Children’s Services Educators who wish to register their interest in up and coming vacancies at Waratah-Wynyard Council Children’s Services facilities.
Our Talent Pool is designed for you to register your expression of interest for general consideration. Should any suitable opportunities arise that fit your abilities, you may be contacted. You will not receive any updates if there are no suitable vacancies.
The Council’s Expressions of Interest pool remains open for 12 months until 30 December each year. Applications will be stored in our database for that period. After this date, you will be required to re-submit your expression of interest to continue to be considered in future roles at Council. Should you wish to withdraw your application earlier, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from the list.
To apply for specific advertised vacancies, a separate application is to be lodged against the relevant position addressing the selection criteria.
Please note there is NO Position Description attached for reference as this is an expression of interest pool only. Duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the available position.
Skills and Experience
Eligible candidates will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- A minimum of Certificate III in Children’s Services or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Department of Education, Education & Care Unit.
- Proven experience in a similar role in an early year learning service.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional work ethic and commitment to work as a part of team.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis, CPR and Asthma certificates highly desirable.
- Current Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Child Related Activity Clearance).
- You must also be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be successful in this role.
We provide our employees with a well-supported and friendly environment, with continuous opportunities to further develop their skills in Early Childhood Education.
What we offer
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Waratah-Wynyard Council Enterprise Agreement. The level and rate offered will vary depending on the position, experience and qualifications.
Our employees are rewarded with:
- Competitive above Award wages (in accordance with the Waratah-Wynyard Council Enterprise Agreement)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- A supportive, inspiring team
- Uniforms provided
- Health and Wellbeing Program (including annual complimentary flu shots)
How to Register
To register for the expression of interest list, please complete the below online application form and attach your resume and covering letter providing a brief introduction and outlining your interest and motivation in applying for a role at Council.
30 December 2023
Applications will be stored in our database until 30 December 2023. After this date, you will be required to re-submit your expression of interest to continue to be considered in future roles at Council.