Waratah-Wynyard Council have an exciting opportunity available for a Parks & Reserves Leading Hand – Sports Grounds to support our growing municipality.
About Waratah-Wynyard Council
Waratah-Wynyard, the heart of Tasmania’s beautiful North West, includes the coastal towns and villages of Wynyard, Somerset, Boat Harbour and Sisters Beach, the rural town of Yolla and the former mining towns of Waratah and Corinna. The municipality is rich in local history and culture, with opportunities to explore secret natural wonders, relax, shop and eat great local produce – you can do it all in Waratah-Wynyard!
Based in Wynyard the Parks & Reserves Leading Hand -Sports Grounds is responsible for providing leadership, horticultural support and contribute to the operations, maintenance and construction associated with Councils public open space and recreational facilities in accordance with Council’s Contract Service Levels and Project Plans.
This role oversees the day-to-day operations of the Municipal’s sports grounds turf management and pitch curation to the best playing surface for the users of Council’s playing and practice facilities.
About the Position
This role is permanent full-time position, working 76 hours over a 9 day fortnight.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge and/or qualifications in horticulture and/or turf management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills/experience and commitment to work as part of a team to achieve organisational objectives and supporting colleagues in a positive manner.
- Experience in monitoring and maintaining work quality and operations.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
The full Position Description is available for download in the Forms section below. The position level will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
We are a values-based organisation looking for someone aligned with how we do business. Applicants are encouraged to take a moment to review our organisational values before making an application.
What we offer
The Waratah-Wynyard Council embraces an inclusive and diverse workforce, with great benefits and flexible work options. To ensure we attract and retain the best possible people to meet our future needs, we provide:
- Competitive Salary and Conditions of Employment as set in our Enterprise Agreement
- A Positive and Supportive Work Culture for all employees
- Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing equity, diversity and inclusion to the benefit of all
- Ongoing Learning and Professional Development opportunities
- Work/Life Balance and Flexible Work Arrangements (including working from home)
- Superannuation Scheme and Salary Sacrifice options
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Rostered Days Off
- Generous leave provisions including ability to purchase additional leave
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%
- Generous paid Parental Leave of up to 12 weeks
- Additional paid leave during Christmas closure
- Corporate Uniform Allowance (Non-Compulsory)
- An active Social Club
- Health and Wellbeing program and Health initiatives including flu vaccinations and health checks
- Corporate rates for Health Insurance and Gym Memberships
- Employee Assistance Program
If we’ve sparked your interest, and you would like to be a motivated and positive contributor to the team at Council, then apply now by completing the below form providing a detailed response to each of the Selection Criteria and uploading:
- A cover letter, providing a brief introduction and outlining your interest and motivation in applying for the position; and
- A detailed resume outlining relevant work experience and qualifications including two recent work referees.
Information on addressing the selection criteria can be found on our ‘How to apply’ page.
Need more information?
Visit us: warwyn.tas.gov.au
Follow us: LinkedIn I Facebook I Instagram I YouTube I Twitter
Waratah-Wynyard Council is passionate about providing equal employment opportunities by valuing equity, diversity and inclusion to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds with the right to live and work in Australia.
Waratah-Wynyard Council has a strong commitment to health and safety. Appointment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment background checks. These will include reference checks, National Police History record check, and Medical Examination including drug and alcohol testing to determine that you are able to perform the inherent requirements of the role and capable of doing so, safely and without undue risk to yourself or others.
Applications for this position close at 8am on Monday 12 June 2023, however suitable applicants may be interviewed and appointed prior to this date so we encourage you to submit your application at your earliest convenience. We reserve the right to withdraw or extend this ad at any time.
You will receive an immediate automated response in the online form and by email when your application has been successfully submitted. If you haven’t received a response, you have most likely forgotten to attach a document or missed an essential field in the online form. Please review the form and complete the sections highlighted in red font.
If you have technical difficulties in submitting your application, contact our People & Safety team on 03 6443 8333.
Permanent Full-time (9 day fortnight)
8am, Monday 12 June 2023