First Elected: 1986 (First Elected mayor in 2011)
Current term expires: 31/10/2022
Ph: 03 64350705
Mob: 0429 422 857
Cr Walsh was first elected to Wynyard Council in 1986 – serving as an elected member through the amalgamation process with Waratah Council.
In 1994 Cr Walsh chose not to contest the re-election – committing his time to his 24 year career with Forestry Tasmania.
After deciding to nominate for Council again in 2005, he was elected as a Councillor that year, then as Deputy Mayor in 2007. In February 2011 Cr Walsh was elected as Mayor of Waratah-Wynyard Council, and has held the position continuously since that time, making him Waratah-Wynyard’s longest serving Mayor.
Mayor Walsh’s hobbies include breeding and exhibiting poultry. He is a competitive Equine Endurance rider, an avid tractor collector and a serious tractor pulling competitor.
- Australia Day Committee
- Sisters Beach Working Group
- Wynyard Showgrounds Working Group
- Integrated Environmental Plan Working Group
- Cam River Reserve Working Group
- Somerset Sporting Precinct Working Group
- Boat Harbour Beach Masterplan Working Group
- Cradle Coast Authority
- Local Government Association of Tasmania (LGAT)
- Bush Watch Western District Committee