We are seeking a highly focused and collaborative person to join our Organisational Performance team to assist Council in delivering its strategic aspirations through effective and efficient financial management.
You will support various stakeholders across the organisation by providing timely management reporting, forecasting, modelling, and specialist advice. You will have excellent report writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
You will be responsible for coordinating the development of budget estimates and will provide support to Managers relating to financial analysis, strategy and budgetary control. Strong business partnering, and communication skills are required along with highly developed interpersonal skills. You will be dynamic, confident, and able to work independently to drive results.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree and registration/membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants or CPA Australia (mandatory)
- Current unrestricted Tasmanian drivers’ licence.
Knowledge & Experience
- Sound knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing budgets including the provision of forecasting and variance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in providing financial analysis including trend reporting, variance analysis and forecasting operational results.
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in managing diverse workloads within time constraints and deadlines.
If you would like to be a motivated and positive contributor to the team at Council, then apply now by completing the below form and uploading your Resume and covering letter.
All applications MUST clearly address the specified Selection Criteria, which is included in the Position Description available for download under the Forms section below.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake suitable background/police checks as part of the recruitment process.
Full-time fixed term contract (Part Time Negotiable)
8am, Tuesday 3rd November 2020