Are you looking to kickstart your career in Business Administration and further your studies by undertaking a Certificate III of IV in Business?
About Waratah-Wynyard Council
Waratah-Wynyard, the heart of Tasmania’s beautiful North West, includes the coastal towns and villages of Wynyard, Somerset, Boat Harbour and Sisters Beach, the rural town of Yolla and the former mining towns of Waratah and Corinna. The municipality is rich in local history and culture, with opportunities to explore secret natural wonders, relax, shop and eat great local produce – you can do it all in Waratah-Wynyard!
The Waratah-Wynyard Council traineeship program offers an amazing opportunity to enjoy the combined benefits of working and learning within a team of experienced employees, and in an environment focused on providing outstanding results to the Community.
The position will provide administration and customer service support for Community & Engagement. This will including working in Children’s Services as well as Customer Service.
About the Position
The position is temporary part-time, working a minimum of 4 days per week over a 3 year period. Days of work and hours are to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Completion of High School Certificate/School Certificate and a commitment to attaining a Certificate III or IV in Business.
- Willingness to obtain Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Child Related Activity Clearance)
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of information
- Ability to operate in a team environment and supporting the team in a positive manner.
- Ability to display initiative and resourcefulness
If we’ve sparked your interest, and you would like to be a motivated and positive contributor to the team at Council, then apply now by completing the below form providing a detailed response to each of the Selection Criteria and uploading:
- A cover letter, providing a brief introduction and outlining your interest and motivation in applying for the position; and
- A detailed resume outlining any relevant work experience and/or qualifications including two referees.
Information on addressing the selection criteria can be found on our ‘How to apply’ page.
Applications for this position close at 8am on Monday 10 October 2022.
Temporary Part-time (3 year Traineeship)
8am, Monday 10 October 2022